CH80 – english
Launched in November 2013 under the code name 1969, the new TAG Heuer chronograph was named CH 80 in reference to its production site (Chevenez) and its 80-hour power reserve.
Extremely slim (6.5 mm), this 233-part new movement is equipped with a vertical clutch system that gives it exceptional power and precision. Its frequency is 28,800 vibrations (4Hz) per hour, with a daily variation in rate between -4/+6 seconds.
Manufactured in TAG Heuer Avant-Garde workshops at La Chaux-de-Fonds and Chevenez, the Calibre CH 80 movement powers counters at 3, 6 and 9 o’clock, plus the date window. It has exceptional “Côtes de Genève” finishing and snailing on the blackened tungsten oscillating weight and nickel-plated minutes and gear-train bridges with finely beveled and polished angles. The movement is composed of an assortment and a four-spoked balance supplied by the Swiss company Atokalpa. The bridges, plates and ébauches are all produced in Chevenez.
Above all, this new mechanism boasts an optimal combination of three parameters: thinness, a large power reserve, and significant volume potential.
- Black or white dial with 3 counters:
- Chronograph minute at 3 o’clock
- Chronograph hour at 9 o’clock
- Running second counter at 6 o’clock
- White or black counters with azurage
- Faceted fine-brushed and polished rhodié or black indexes
- Faceted and polished hour and minute hands with luminescent markers
- Red central chronograph hand
- Polished black or rhodié counters’ hands with red tip
- Fine minuterie scale on the flange highlighted in red from 60 to 15
- TAG Heuer logo printed on the dial
- “CARRERA – CALIBRE CH 80 – SWISS MADE” lettering on the dial
- Date window at 4:30 o’clock
- Case diameter: 41 mm
- Polished steel case
- Polished bezel
- Polished crown and push-buttons
- Scratch-resistant curved sapphire crystal with double antireflective treatment
- Scratch resistant sapphire caseback
- Water resistance: 100 meters
- Steel bracelet
- Black perforated leather strap with red lining